Fri, 15 Mar|
Anahata Yoga Retreat - NZ
Power of Awareness Silent Meditation Retreat
This 9 day meditation retreat with international meditation teacher, Swami Anandakumar, provides an opportunity to travel to your own centre, to find the stillness within and discover that your own inner nature is unchanging. With: Swami Anandakumar and Swami Karma Karuna
Time & Location
15 Mar 2019, 10:00 am – 24 Mar 2019, 11:00 am
Anahata Yoga Retreat - NZ, 727 Bird Rd, Takaka 7142, New Zealand
About The Event
The retreat offers the unique opportunity to explore tools that will help you to truly find peace, happiness, clarity and perspective on the whole of life.
This retreat offers a unique chance for you to go into a space of silence to begin or deepen your meditation practice depending on your previous experience. Held with long periods of silence over 9 days, it will help you to let your mind rest and enjoy a different, deeper kind of reflection and relaxation that will leave you wiser, and more ready for the challenges of life.
Renowned meditation teacher, Swami Anandakumar, takes a fresh and direct approach to meditation which is effective for both the beginner and advanced practitioner. The combination of ancient yoga techniques with well-timed, intuitive guidance, aimed at the modern mind, helps each person to find their way to deeper levels of awareness through access to their own intuitive experience.
These meditation practices will be balanced with Hatha Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Karma Yoga, Kirtan and Havan (fire ceremony) to actively encourage a self-explorative approach to meditation and provide a gentle way to balance the mind and realign the awareness toward your own inner nature.
With more than 35 years experience Sw. Anandakumar helps to bring harmony to meditation practice, outlining a working ‘road map’ in order to harmonise any conflict with the body-mind and find your way forward. This allows your meditation practice to come from a place of inspiration rather than a feeling of obligation, which is uplifting even as you begin to face up to yourself. It’s a jumping off point for a deeper self-discovery.
The focus of this inspiring retreat is on Awareness in Meditation. And it will help to answer some essential questions.
- What is meditation?
- What is its purpose?
- How do we practise it properly?
- How do we maintain our meditation practice
- What are the benefits that meditation can accrue for us in daily life?
This course is suitable:
• For all sincere students, seekers, and spiritual adventurers.
• To develop and extend your regular meditation practice of finding the answers within the self.
• Each meditation experience is unique with the potential to go deeper each time.
The Retreat Programme Includes
- 9 nights, shared accommodation (unless camping), all meals and the full retreat programme.
- Hatha Yoga classes
- Guided Meditation
- Daily Chanting
- Kirtan (singing mantras to music)
- Daily Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation)
- Karma Yoga (action with meditative awareness
- Fire Ceremony (Havan) and Chanting (healing sound vibration)
- Periods of silence for reflection
For more information about the Power of Awareness Silent Meditation retreat, click here.